Developing Better Communication Skills: Interview
Today I was invited to talk about developing better communication skills as a guest on Lillian Brummet’s blogtalk radio podcast Conscious Discussions. I covered a wide variety of professional and personal communication topics . Her show has a very wide focus on individual, environmental issues & the world of writing. Lillian celebrates the individual working to create positive change.
Well I do believe that improving communication skills is the certain an important part of any positive change you’d like to make in your life. As you likely know, I’m passionate about communication and strongly believe that effective communication is critical to your success.
Here are some of the things you can learn on the program she titled Developing Your Communication Skills:
- How I spend my time when I’m not working
- How the Public Speaker podcast is produced
- How nervous I am when I am networking and some tips on how to be more relaxed
- How to talk about your work and services without sounding like your bragging
- How to get through networking when you are the type of person that doesn’t get energy from networking
- How to deliver feedback
- How to handle being critiqued
- How to politely break off a conversation with someone
- How to prepare for a negotiation
Here’s the interview. Please I’d love your feedback. How did you think it went? As a listener, what would you have liked me to do differently? I’d love your feedback to help me improve my interview skills.